The Healthier Together Initiative provides a new way for community leaders to interact, offers opportunities for businesses, neighborhoods, and organizations to examine their policies and structures through a health promotion and prevention lens, and brings the community together through healthy educational workshops. The Healthier Together Initiative is comprised of the Healthier Together Ambassadors program, Healthier Together Workshop Series, and the Healthier Together Certification Program. Some programmatic goals include:
· Increase education and awareness through a wide range of topics, including fitness, nutrition, financial health, and more, discussed by local professionals.
· Increase community connectiveness and act as a link for residents to other community programs.
· Highlight and promote healthy activities, programs, and policies in our community.
· Offer businesses, neighborhoods, churches, and schools the opportunity to examine and be recognized for their current health promoting structures.
· Offer a community resource library and information to businesses, neighborhoods, churches, and schools to increase health education and promotion within their organization.
The Healthier Together Certification is a program that promotes wellness, encourages the adoption of healthy behaviors and establishes supportive communities.
The certification is an online assessment that looks at organizational best practices and community health outreach to evaluate the overall quality and comprehensiveness of workplace and neighborhood wellness.
The Healthy St. Pete team created the Healthier Together Certification in 2020 to implement evidence-based approaches to workplace and community health. The assessments below are a culmination of research and information gathered from similar certification programs across the country and data specifically from our community. The end result is the Healthier Together Certification tool which empowers employers and organization leaders to help build a stronger culture of health in the City of St. Petersburg.
An integral part of the Healthier Together Certification is the Community Resource Library with detailed information about how organizations can improve their assessment score. The goal of the certification is to be a constantly evolving process for workplaces and neighborhoods to continually improve. The Resource Library is organized with the same topics as the assessment and can help organization leaders implement healthy programs, policies and procedures into their strategic plan.
The Healthier Together Resource Library is specifically organized to give organizations both local and national resources to help meet their goals. These resources can be used to strategically plan and implement new programs, to learn best practices and to partner with local subject area experts.