- This event has passed.
HEALTHY STEPS FOR OLDER ADULTS
October 2 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
The two day Healthy Steps for Older Adults workshop by the YMCA is a community-based fall risk screening and education class for adults aged 65 and older. Participants attend workshops addressing proper footwear, safety at home, good nutrition for bone health and the importance of exercise to prevent falls. The program also includes information on local fitness programs designed to reduce the risk of falling as well as learning exercises that can be done at home to help reduce falls.
What to Expect
- Two workshops in a classroom setting
- Each workshop is two hours long
- Participants will learn what they can do at home to help reduce falls
- Physician referral not required
- Practice exercises to reduce falls (optional chair provided)
- Program manual
- Home risk assessment
- Personal fall risk physical assessment
- Physician discussion and referral form
Upcoming Two-Day Workshops
Location: Bay Vista Recreation Center, 7000 4th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
Day 1: Monday, October 2nd from 10:30AM – 12:30PM
Day 2: Wednesday, October 4th from 11:00AM – 1:00PM
For more information please contact Healthy St Pete at (727) 893-5994 or email email@example.com.