Local VIRTUAL Wellness Programs – Summer 2020
- Alzheimer’s Association – Virtual Brain Bus – Tuesdays & Thursdays – 10am, 1pm, 7pm.Programs are led by trained dementia experts and will address the benefits of early detection, early diagnosis, brain health, risk reduction, how to receive an accurate diagnosis and the latest advancements in Alzheimer’s research. http://www.Alz.org/crf or call 800.272.3900
- Alzheimer’s Association – Virtual Caregiver College – Mondays & Wednesdays – 10am, 1pm, 7pm. Series of interactive, no-cost educational classes to help you build your caregiver toolkit. Topics include: legal & financial planning, communication strategies and understanding behavior. http://www.Alz.org/crf or call 800.272.3900
- AARP – Virtual Yoga: Power Yoga, Thursdays 6:00 – 7:00 https://local.aarp.org/tampa-fl/aarp-events/
- AARP – Coffee, Caregivers & Conversations , Tuesdays 11:30am – 12pm https://local.aarp.org/tampa-fl/aarp-events/
FAMILIES AND CHILDREN
- Breastfeeding Care & Consulting – FaceTime lactation consultations, Zoom New Mom Support Meetings: http://breastfeedingcareandconsulting.com/
- NAMI – Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for family members, caregivers and loved ones of individuals living with mental illness. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar circumstances. This support groups is offered via Zoom. Visit http://nami-pinellas.org/family/ for days/times.
- Operation PAR – Prevention Plus Wellness program for ages 5-17. Contact Susan Aschom: firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.operationpar.org
- Music & Me – Summer Session ONLINE for kids 0-7 years old in English and Spanish! The 6-week session will begin on Monday, July 6. https://musicandmellc.com/music-together-online.html
- BayCare Community Health – DEEP (Diabetes Education Empowerment Program) – DEEP is a free six-week program that teaches you how to manage diabetes through lifestyle changes including better nutrition and physical activity. Virtual Skype Class beginning June 3. Register: https://baycare.org/services/diabetes/get-healthy
- BayCare Community Health – GIFT (Get Into Fitness Together) – GIFT is a free program emphasizing improving nutrition education and increasing physical activity in your daily life, both of which facilitate weight reduction. Virtual Skype Classes are offered in July and August. Register: https://baycare.org/services/diabetes/get-healthy
- Suncoast Bariatrics – Virtual WebEx weight loss and return to health support groups, 2nd Monday of every month: http://suncoastbariatrics.com
- The Body Electric Yoga & Athletic Companies – providing online fitness, yoga, meditation classes: http://thebodyelectricyoga.com
- Preserve Vision Florida – Coronavirus: How eyes may play a role in it’s spread: https://www.pvfla.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Flyer-for-vision-and-covid-19-JOL-edits.pdf
- United Way Suncoast – Virtual Educational Resources: https://unitedtoact.org/unitedwaysuncoast/covid-19-educational-resources
- NAMI – Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who have the lived-experience and are now living in recovery. Visit http://nami-pinellas.org/nami-connection/ for day/times.
- Mindful Movement Florida – Free Zoom Yoga Classes – Every week Monday, Wednesday, Friday @ 5-6pm. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83812649575?pwd=UzlPUHFOaFRWeVhEOU5JTEtxQ20zdz09. Meeting ID: 838 1264 9575. Password: 467595
If your organization is offering any virtual programming this summer and would like to be included in this resource, please email: email@example.com.